Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Reflection on myself

I am not Catholic but I am a Christian. Today is Ash Wednesday and the beginning of Lent. I don't participate in the 40 days of giving something up. I am, however, reflecting on this day and always on giving up bad/negative things in my life. This morning I have been thinking about what things need to change in my life to better myself. I came up with a few ideas:

1. Spend less time on the computer/Facebook- I need to find other things I enjoy that don't revolve around the computer. I want to get back into painting and creating art. I also want to read more!

2. Wake up every morning and cook breakfast- I feel better on the days I do this. It is hard, sometimes, to get up and start my day. I want to crawl into bed and sleep but so many days have been wasted. I only live once and I need to take advantage of every moment I'm alive!

3. Stay on top of housework- I need to dedicated at least 1 hour a day focused on my house and the things that need to be done. I will not let myself be overwhelmed and will take it day by day. If I can get caught up then I can maintain the house.

4. Compliment/pay it forward to someone everyday- Whether it is a stranger or a loved one, I want to brighten someone else's day. It brings me joy to do this for people. I do not expect anything in return. (Maybe a smile)

5. Lastly, be patient with myself- I tend to get so upset and negative towards myself and my insiders. I need to take some deep breaths and remind myself that I am human and I make mistakes. With every negative comment I direct towards myself I need to follow it up and correct it with a positive comment. I am too hard on myself. I need to show love and respect to myself if I want to receive or give it to others.

2 comments: